DAY 1 (Wednesday): Arrival Riga
Arrival in Riga, optional transfer to Hotel Wellton Riverside**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
DAY 2 (Thursday): Riga
Riga, founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Forest.
DAY 3 (Friday): Riga-Tallinn
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
DAY 4 (Saturday): Tallinn
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv.
DAY 5 (Sunday): Tallinn–Helsinki
This day offers first an optional day excursion to Lahemaa National Park, where we visit Palmse Manor, a memorial to the von Pahlen family, and Sagadi Manor. The tour ends with a visit to the charming 16th century Vihula Manor and the Vodka Museum. After lunch break, we head back to Tallinn to take the ferry to Helsinki and enjoy a refreshing tour through the Finnish archipelago before arriving in Helsinki. Upon arrival we are transferred to our hotel and check-in at Hotel Glo Art**** or similar.
DAY 6 (Monday): Helsinki
Helsinki is truly located at the crossroads of Western and Eastern culture and this is reflected everywhere in the green and lively Finnish capital. The sightseeing tour takes us around the harbours, up central Mannerheim Street and by the Parliament Building, the Finlandia Hall, and the Sibelius Monument and for a visit at the famous Church-in-the-Rock. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Seurasaari Open-Air Museum, an oasis in the midst of the city with cottages, farmsteads and manors from all around Finland.
DAY 7 (Tuesday): Helsinki–St. Petersburg
Today we continue eastbound to St. Petersburg. Shortly after crossing the border into Russia we arrive in Vyborg, where we take time for a short sightseeing tour and a photo-stop at Vyborg Castle. In the late afternoon we arrive in St. Petersburg and check-in at Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky**** or similar.
DAY 8 (Wednesday): St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg is an amazing city. Its imperial palaces and museums enjoy worldwide fame, while the Neva River and the many canals have deservedly given the city the title “The Venice of the North”. During the morning sightseeing tour we get acquainted with all the splendours of the city: the Peter-Paul Fortress, the Winter Palace, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Church of the Bleeding Savior, the Nevsky Convent and much more. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Zarskoye Selo with the impressive Catherine’s Palace and the Amber Room, which vanished during World War II and was restored for St. Petersburg’s tri-centennial celebrations. In the evening enjoy an optional visit to the Nikolaevsky Palace with an exciting Russian folklore show and Russian „champagne” and snacks.
DAY 9 (Thursday): St. Petersburg
The morning is reserved for an optional visit to Peterhof, an uncontested masterpiece of the time of Peter the Great, with the impressive Grand Palace, Grand Cascade and Water Avenue and its wonderful parks. In the afternoon, an optional visit to the world-famous Hermitage Art Museum is offered. In the evening enjoy an optional Russian dinner at Restaurant Russian Kitsch.
DAY 10 (Friday): St. Petersburg Departure
Optional transfer to the airport.
Package prices per person:
EUR 1195.00 (double occupancy)
EUR 500.00 (single supplement)
Supplement for GBC06-GBC13
EUR 100.00 (double occupancy)
EUR 100.00 (single supplement)
- 9 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 9 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn, Church-in-the-Rock in Helsinki and Peter-Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Italian only speaking tour escort on Baltic countries segment and Italian and Spanish speaking tour escort on Finish-Russian segment on tours GBC12, GBC14-GBC19
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Ferry ticket Tallinn-Helsinki OW (2nd class)
- Portage at hotels
- Transfer airport to Hotel Mercure Riga: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- 4-hour excursion to Jurmala: EUR 40.00 pp
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant Forest: EUR 40.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: EUR 40.00 pp
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv: EUR 40.00 pp
- 6-hour excursion to Lahemaa National Park: EUR 70.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion with water bus to the Suomenlinna Fortress: EUR 60.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Zarskoye Selo and visit to Catherine’s Palace: EUR 80.00 pp
- Visit to folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace: EUR 65.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace: EUR 75.00 pp
- 3-hour visit to the Hermitage Art Museum: EUR 50.00 pp
- Russian dinner at Restaurant Pryanosti & Radosti: EUR 50.00 pp
- Transfer Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky to airport: EUR 70.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 90.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- Half board at hotels (7 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea on Day1-Day4 and Day7-Day9):
EUR 225.00 pp