Riga Light FestivalFavorites
The seventh edition of the festival of light “Staro Rīga” will be held this year. The festival has become highly popular and anticipated among Rigans and tourists. In 2015 it was visited by about 500,000 people – an absolute attendance record for the festival. “Staro Rīga” is an exhibition of outdoor installations, used to transform Riga’s panorama using modern light and video technology.
With the help of modern light and video technology, the festival will present around one hundred outdoor installations – building lights, multimedia projections in parks, on high-rise buildings and monuments. The play of light makes the autumn drabness disappear, and opens up a completely different view of the city. The highlights of festival are on November 18th – The Independence of Latvia, it was proclaimed on 18 November 1918 at the Latvian National Theatre. This day in Latvia is a public holiday — public institutions and the majority of private enterprises are closed, various events take place throughout the day.
DAY 1 : Arrival Riga
Arrival in Riga, optional transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Ridzene*****, check-in; welcome meeting, optional welcome dinner at hotel.
DAY 2: Riga
In the morning optional activities are offered:
- Visit to ESPA – 2.5 hour visit to recreational centre with pool and saunas. This visit can be combined with further treatments.
- Visit to Riga Nature Museum visiting special exposition „Amber through the ages” will represent Baltic amber showing its natural forms, various color shades and will mark the significant place in the worldwide deposits of amber. Amber was one of the first significant materials which improved the popularity of our region in the context of ancient European cultures.
- Guided shopping tour taking us to interior decoration and design stores, art galleries and fashion boutiques in the Old Town with the main focus on local brands and artists.
- Riga Gourmet tour – a visit to Riga Central Market: unique architecture ensemble of pavilions with local food degustation followed by Latvian nouvelle cuisine lunch at Restaurant “Kitchen”.
In the late afternoon half day tour to Riga Art Nouveaux district is offered with a visit to Art Nouveaux Museum and tour along Riga Boulevard circle where multiple light installations transform the usual atmosphere of the city. The tour ends with warm-up Riga black balsam drink at a central cafe. In the evening – culmination of the independence day and lights festival takes place at 11. Novembra krastmala with fireworks over Daugava river and the embankment.
DAY 3: Riga
Riga, founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument. The tour end at the Old Town Hall Square. In the evening an optional dinner at the elegant Restaurant Forest is on offer.
DAY 4: Riga
Optional transfer to airport.
Package prices per person:
EUR 220.00 (double occupancy)
EUR 120.00 (single supplement)
- 3 overnights at centrally located Hotel Radisson Blu Ridzene*****
- 3 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- 3-hours morning guided walking tour of Riga Old Town and 3 hour late afternoon Art Nouveaux District guided walking tour
- Entrance to the Riga History and Navigation Museum
- Service of English, German, Spanish, Italian and French
- Portage at hotel
- Service and VAT
- Transfer from airport/harbour to Hotel Radisson Blu Ridzene: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- Welcome dinner at hotel: EUR 35.00 pp
- Dinner at Restaurant Forest: EUR 45.00 pp
- Visit to ESPA pools & saunas area: EUR 35.00 per person
- Optional 3 hour guided visit to Riga Nature Museum: EUR 50.00 per person
- Guided shopping tour: EUR 25.00 pp
- Riga Gourmet tour incl. guided visit to Riga Central Market, food degustation and local lunch: EUR 45.00 pp
- Transfer from Hotel Radisson Blu Ridzene to Riga airport/harbour: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)