DAY 1: Arrival Tallinn
Arrival in Tallinn, optional transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
DAY 2: Tallinn-Cesis
After breakfast we drive to the Lahemaa National Park, where we visit the Manor Houses in Palmse and Vihula. We continue to Tartu, the university town, where Estonia gained its statehood. We see the charming Old Town and the University founded in 1632. From Tartu we drive onwards into Latvia to Cesis, a Hanseatic city with winding streets, castle ruins and beautiful gardens. Check-in at Hotel Cesis*** or similar.
DAY 3: Cesis-Vilnius
Today we drive through the Gauja National Park to Sigulda, a popular holiday resort. We see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and the ruins of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we drive around Riga to hit the highway down to Vilnius. En-route we reach Siauliai and Hill of Crosses, one of the holiest sites of Catholic Lithuania. We head South into Lithuania and reach Vilnius in the afternoon, check in at Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar.
DAY 4: Vilnius-Nida
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anna’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. After the tour we continue to Curonian Spit and Nida, where we arrive late in the afternoon. Check in at Hotel Nerija*** or similar. The evening offers optional authentic fisherman dinner at “Tik Pas Jona”.
DAY 5: Nida-Liepaja
The morning is reserved for a half-day optional tour of the Curonian Spit, a thin, 100 km stretch of land between the Baltic Sea and the Curonian Lagoon with small fishing villages, pine forests and endless sand dunes. Tour takes us to the spectacular Parnidis Dune and Naglis Dune, the Hill of Witches in Juodkrante and Thomas Mann’s summerhouse. In early afternoon we head towards Liepaja where we arrive in early afternoon and check in at Hotel Promenade***** or similar. The evening offers a casual dinner at a beach café Red Sun Buffet, right on the wide sandy beach.
DAY 6: Liepaja-Riga
Liepaja takes its name from the numerous linden trees in the city. We start the day with a short stroll in the Old Town with the Trinity Church and we visit Jurmala Park and the former Naval Port area with its famous Orthodox Cathedral. We now continue through Southern Latvia to the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through Latvia to reach Riga at late afternoon. Check in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
DAY 7: Riga
Riga founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert is the largest of the 3 Baltic capitals and boasts a true kaleidoscope of various architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, Swedish Gates, Three Brothers, Large and Small Guild House and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Forest.
DAY 8: Riga-Tallinn
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
DAY 9: Tallinn
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv.
DAY 10: Tallinn Departure
Optional transfer to the airport.
Package prices per person:
EUR 1045.00 (double occupancy)
EUR 450.00 (single supplement)
- 9 overnights at centrally located 3-4 star hotels
- 9 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Palmse Manor House, Peter and Paul Church in Vilnius, Rundale Palace and medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Transfer airport to Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia: EUR 45.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 65.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- Casual fisherman dinner at Tik Pas Jona tavern: EUR 35.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to the Curonian Spit: EUR 45.00 pp
- Casual dinner on the beach at Red Sun Buffet: EUR 35.00 pp
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: EUR 35.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Jurmala: EUR 40.00 pp
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant Forest: EUR 45.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: EUR 45.00 pp
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack: EUR 45.00 pp
- Transfer Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia to airport: EUR 45.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 65.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- Half board at hotels (9 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 285.00 pp